Monday, September 05, 2005

here goes something...

one day after lunch when aliyah was too small to even sit up, amelia and i were walking to her office for an afternoon of item appraisals and she asked me if i knew what a blog was. after i found out it wasn't another aussie slang for food or a type of person, i started thinking about starting one of my own, for the usual reasons.. friends, especially those in italy, always ask what my life is like in haifa. the problem is my life always seems to be so busy and hard to explain that i don't know where to start and it seems like a pretty big first bite to chew.

enter: vacation in florence. starting my blog with this trip seems like good idea... it's the perfect set-up. starting with the most beautiful city in the world to write about, then revisiting the old, discovering the new, quiet evenings at my dear friend mary jane's home with no distractions (mj, sei un amore!), my parents here to keep aliyah entertianed and vice-versa, adsl connection so i don't have to count the minutes i'm spending money online (as it is with dial-up in Italy), absolutely nothing good to watch on TV... ever (c'mon, bicbic, you know it's true) and so many people back "home" (haifa, oklahoma... ok, texas) that i want to keep in touch with and share my time here with.

so here it goes...

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger faraz said...

welcome to the blog world, negeen!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Negeen Mollaian Sobhani said...

thanks faraz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home